Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11


It is hard to believe that it has been eight years since the worst terrorist attack on American soil. I, like everyone else, can tell you exactly where I was when I heard the news. I had not been home long from dropping Marshall and Makenzie off at school and was nursing Mitchell. I remember the news anchors' shaken voices, the horrific footage of the towers falling and trying so hard to understand how this could be a deliberate attack. Who could hate America, the greatest country in the world, this much? I remember just wanting to hold my babies all day. It makes me sad to know that Mitchell, and really Marshall & Makenzie, will never know anything except a "post 9/11" America. Because they were so young I believe it is my duty to never let them forget the sacrifices made that day and the days and years that have followed.
Freedom is most definitely not free!


No comments: