Saturday, October 11, 2008


Today while sitting at the soccer field, I realized that we have one week of school and then fall intersession is here! Troy and I were talking about how quickly this school year is flying by. It seems like only a couple weeks ago we were shopping for school clothes and supplies. I remember sitting at the desk with my new calendar, filling up the days and thinking how far away a break was for us. Now, I am sad that the semester is half over! Oh, don't get me wrong ... I can't wait to stay up late and sleep in, wear my jammies all morning, not have to worry about homework and packing lunches,  but I have a hard time dealing with the reality of how quickly time passes.  I just pray that I am savoring this busy season in our life, and not hurrying through from one event to the next on the schedule. Speaking of ... football game last night (Bailey looked gorgeous), cheerleading competition this morning at 8:00, soccer game this afternoon at 1:30 ... a few yard sales snuck in between! Today's best deal ... a huge Pampered Chef baking stone dish - $2.00. I think I will cook lunch in it tomorrow! Today's best find ... a Kool-Aid pitcher ... clear plastic ... it was probably free 20 years ago, but I paid $0.25! Why? Because the Kool-Aid Man is one of Marshall's heroes. (check his myspace if you think I am kidding - like I could even make that up!) I also found a Nutcracker for Mitchell's collection! Not a bad yard sale day, had better, but very thankful for the time to go. Oh, and my new Creating Keepsakes magazine came ... definitely scrapbooking during intersession!

No comments: