Sunday, October 5, 2008

Awesome Weekend!


We had a crazy, fun weekend.  The kids were out of school Friday for a "teacher workday", although I know one teacher who didn't work!  We left Friday morning for Columbus, Georgia for a cheerleading competition. This was our farthest competition, so we stayed the night before which gave the girls a little extra rest and a lot of time spent with friends. So fun!  We brought home another 1st place trophy, especially exciting considering the level of competition we faced. Our girls were awesome. Makenzie landed everything. Marshall had a football game Friday night and competition of his own on Saturday, so he was not able to go with us. Of course, I am sure the only thing he would have enjoyed was the steak Friday night! It is very strange not having our family of five. Moments like these are becoming more and more common. (but not any easier for me!) As soon as the competition awards were given, pictures taken, and hugs shared we headed home. At least for a minute! We  stopped at the grocery store (giving me one less errand to run this week), unpacked the car, made breakfast for Sunday School (our turn!), changed into warm Red Devil clothes, and left for Marshall's competition. The band looked great and received all 1st rankings. And, then came Sunday... awesome teachings from Bro. Ronnie... we were definitely challenged this morning and again in SS. Thanks Chad. I have thought a lot today about one simple statement... Have you experienced God? For me, the quick answer is, "Yes!" I have experienced the indescribable gift of salvation. But, do I "experience" God when He is working in my life? Did I "experience" God when Makenzie told me again that she was not at all nervous when she took the floor Saturday. I pray for that each week, but do I really "experience" Him there with her. Did I "experience" God seeing Marshall perform on that field knowing that he is using gifts that God has given specifically and uniquely to him. Yes, it is easy to praise Him when we have had great weekend and everyone is home safe, but, this week I pray that I will really "experience" God working in my life and my family's. He is and I don't want to miss a thing!



No comments: