Friday, October 10, 2008

Homecoming Game



Tonight is the homecoming football game. I love this time of the year and all the activities that come; and homecoming just fits in perfectly. I loved the week of homecoming as a teenager, the dance, the game, the parade, the bonfire the sock-hop. (I am sure my kids would be mortified by the fact that I am old enough to know about and love a "sock hop".) Tonight is especially exciting because my niece, Bailey, is a queen candidate. I asked Marshall if they would play at all considering the festivities at half-time, and he said the band director has actually been told "to play so soft that you can't be heard." No respect for the band geeks! Marshall clings to the hope that one day football will be played at half-time... I am just praying that Makenzie gets to come tonight. They had a special practice called this afternoon, and the last time her coach did this it actually turned into another practice that night. Big competition for them tomorrow, so I know everyone is feeling the pressure. I am mostly just thankful that it is Friday. I have had a nasty cold this week and am planning to rest this weekend. (After, of course, our competition tomorrow that we leave @5:30 for and our 1:30 soccer game that we race back for!)

No comments: